Hints on Lighting Your New Home
Lighting is a very unique part of your new home design. You not only want it to be beautiful, you also need it to be functional.
When you have your appointment with your lighting designer you will need to be prepared with certain information.
- Have your floor plan or a list of the lights you need to select.
- Know the amount of your lighting allowance.
- Know your ceiling heights and which ceilings are sloped.
- Ask your builder if recessed lighting is part of your lighting fixture allowance or part of your electrical allowance.
- In which room do you want ceiling fans
- Do you want any specialty lighting - under cabinet, rope lighting, etc.
- Have ideas of the style and colors you will be using to decorate.
When you have all this information organized, it is best to make an appointment with your Lighting Showroom, be prepared to take approximately two hours to makes your decisions. This will ensure the proper attention to this important aspect of your new home.
We find that today's home owners realize that lighting is an important part of the new home. Your Lighting Showroom and Lighting Designers are specially educated in the newest lighting designs and techniques to help you through this process.